Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Wishes

Thank you. (no, this isn't me...)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I wanted to take a few minutes and express my gratitude to God and all of you for what you have done in our lives. Here is a short list of the things I am thankful for:

  • My wife Carrie: She is the one of the least selfish people I have ever met. I cannot imagine life without her. She works so hard to take care of us all, and has enabled me to do my best at my job. I love you. I am inspired by her daily to spend more time playing with and caring for ...
  • My daughters: The two of them have been such tremendous sources of ... emotions. Mostly joy and laughter and happiness, but also times of frustration and fear. I can't imagine life before them anymore -- it must have been so boring and flat!
  • My family: Though it took me a while to appreciate all the changes a step family brings with it, I am grateful for their role in my life. My step mom has been working so hard at a new job, and yet continues to be so generous and excited to see her granddaughters. I've enjoyed being able to assist her over the last few months in helping create an updated electronic medical form for her job. It's really helped me to be able to connect with and work with her on a project. My dad continues to show his love to me,  most recently through allowing me to play tennis with him and his friends on Monday nights -- something I didn't know how badly I needed. I'm also grateful for the changes God has done in the rest of my family -- a new baby on the way, new steps in careers, and a miraculous healing and removal of cancer have been announced in just the past six months. Praise God for all these changes. Every night Abby and I thank God and pray for each one of you!  
  • My "family": Another family that has been especially helpful for me is my church. They take such good care of our daughters. Every Sunday our girls are cared for by someone in nursery and my wife and I never have to worry about who's got 'em. Special thanks goes to "Miss Meghan" and to the Wittenbach's who have been babysitters, often for free, to the girls and enabled my wife and I to serve the chuch via ...
  • Music.
  • My job:  I love being able to use my gifts and talents and interests so perfectly in my position as a teacher and coach at NorthPointe Christian. Every year I find new ways to teach better, and grow. I appreciate how hard they work to make sure people are serving in their capacities, and not asking people to do things they aren't skilled at. I am also grateful for how quickly and powerfully they come together in prayer for each others needs.
Thank you for reading and appreciating God's providence in my life over the last few years.  May you have a blessed Thanksgiving this year!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...