Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Graphs of Inequalities

I just finished a unit on inequalities with my Algebra 1 students, and I remember in years past struggling to find a way to include number line graphs in my quizzes, notes, and slide shows.

 Over the years I've amassed a large number of these number line graphs, of different types, and thought I'd throw them up on the blog for the one or two other math teachers who might stumble across this and want them. They are in a PowerPoint format, because I found that working with shapes and lines in PowerPoint was easier than any other program I had.  If you're interested, here's a file containing them.

They are just a series of shape objects, which I alter by adjusting their size or orientation.  Once I have the graph I want, then I select all the objects, copy them, and paste them as a picture, which I can use in PowerPoint or Word.  
One thing I am still looking for is a good source of creating two dimensional graphs. If you know of something, post it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...